A Stronger Salem Schools, development, city government
Salem Resident for 20+ years
Businessman with children in Salem schools
- Rotary Club of Salem (Finance Committee Chair)
- One of Parkway Brewing’s 7 founding members
- First United Methodist Church Finance Committee
- Past high adventure adviser Boy Scout Troop 51
- Founded rental company in Salem
Forward Thinking.Transparency, Accountability & Communication
Jim Wallace would like your vote on May 5, 2020. Let's build a city government that's more transparent, with better oversight and accountability, and communicates better with citizens.
Stronger Salem Schools
I want to help Salem develop a stronger educational foundation.
- Take advantage of all Roanoke Valley Governor’s School slots
- Take a less adversarial approach to students and families who have disabilities or need IEP’s
- Mandate continuous improvement of student performance as measured by the state
- Address teacher morale
- Do more to keep drugs out of schools
I’ll work to revamp economic development and city government.
- Downtown upgrades need to continue
- Focus on the rest of the city and bringing in new businesses that will generate tax revenue
- Be more proactive vs. reactive in recruiting businesses
- Develop a city government that has more willingness to listen to citizen input
- Regularly communicate with citizens
Vote May 19
IMPORTANT: All precincts will vote at Salem Civic Center.
We are on Facebook
Keep up with news and information, as well as opportunities to ask Jim Wallace questions and share your thoughts in person.
Jim Wallace is a long-time Salem resident, has 25+ years of sales and service experience in the city, and earned an MBA from UNC.