Jim Wallace, Salem, VA
- Twenty-eight years of technical sales experience with a proven ability to consistently generate top product sales and service income.
- Exceptional time management skills. Able to work unsupervised, set priorities and accomplish long and short-term goals within a given time frame.
- Accomplished at training sales support specialists. Known for empowering employees to solve customer problems without assistance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept at explaining complex issues, ideas, and concepts in layman’s terms.
- Maintained top tier sales performance while earning master’s degree.
- Ranked # 1 company salesman ten times. Ranked # 2 four times. Ranked in the top five nine times.
- Developed new accounts and increased business at existing accounts. Product sales increased from $813,000 to $1.3 million during second year.
- Managed an assigned territory of 13 counties while selling and promoting core products.
- Assist sales engineer(s) with territory management, equipment selection, system troubleshooting, and conflict resolution with vendors and customers. Negotiated win-win solutions for all parties.
- Motivate sales engineer(s) resulting in branch sales increasing from $2.6 million to $4.1 million in five years.
- Manage all day-to-day branch operations. Hire and train sales support specialists and service technicians. Assign sales territories and resolve issues that arise with the corporate office. Teach employees to respond to customer inquiries in a manner that stimulates sales.
- Relocated branch from leased space into a newly constructed stand-alone building. Worked with a builder to accomplish goals while staying within budget.
- Maintained a top three company ranking for service department. Increased service income from $110,000 to $247,000.
- Help service technicians become adept at selling additional services on site.
- Ensure that service technicians planned their week in a manner to maximize profit and minimize cost.
Tencarva Machinery Company, Salem VA
- Branch Manager & Sales Engineer, 1995 to present
- Sales Engineer, 1992-1994
- Past Committee Chair and Treasurer Cub Scout Pack 51
- Past high adventure adviser Boy Scout Troop 51
- One of seven founders Parkway Brewing
- Parkway Brewing Finance Committee Chair
- Rotary Club of Salem Finance Committee Chair
- First United Methodist Church Finance Committee
- Founded small rental property company in Salem
Master of Business Administration, 2005
- Kenan-Flagler Business School, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, 1991
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Broad knowledge of liquid handling equipment. Experienced at evaluating processes and selecting appropriate pumps, seals, and / or filtration.
- Familiar with all aspects of compressed air systems. Extensive knowledge of compressor types and system analysis.
- Competent at managing original equipment manufacturers. Managed significant accounts in China and Vietnam for seven years.
- Comfortable in new surroundings and environments. I enjoy traveling to foreign countries.
- I enjoy spending time with my family: wife Caroline (a Salem dentist) and sons, JW (SHS ’17), Charlie (SHS ’19), and John (SHS ’21).